workspacebrussels is part of OPEN HOUSE - May 17th, 18th & 19th, 2012
- What is Open House?
- How does one visit open house?
- More information on the parcours
- More information on the workspacebrussels program
- More information on the debates and First Aid
For the first time in Brussels 24 artistic laboratories and alternative management offices have joined together to show their practices and research in an Open House event dedicated to both public and professionals.
Focusing rather on artistic research processes than on final products, these structures provide national and international artists with time, space and tools to develop their works. With Open House these multi-disciplinary organisations take the opportunity to strengthen their bonds and show once again that Brussels is more than ever a creative and dynamic artists’ city.
The Open House event will consist of two morning debates and three afternoon artistic parcours presenting the structures’ working process as well as the artists who bind them together.
With the participation of: Architecture Workroom, Atelier de Création sonore et radiophonique, Atelier Graphoui, Atelier Jeunes Cinéastes, Auguste Orts, Bains Connective, Caravan Production, Constant, Danscentrum Jette, FoAM, iMal, Komplot, Maison d’Art Actuel des Chartreux, Margarita Production, MediaRuimte, Mokum, nadine, okno, Passa Porta, Pianofabriek Kunstenwerkplaats, Q-O2, Soundimageculture, Vrac / L’Escaut and workspacebrussels.
In collaboration with: VTi, SPACE (Supporting Performing Arts Circulation in Europe), BAM, La Bellone and Kunstenfestivaldesarts.
Supported by: VGC-Vlaamse Gemeenschapscommissie and COCOF-Commission communautaire française
How does one visit Open House?
Info Point: Vanderborght building / Schildknaapstraat 50 - Rue de l’ Ecuyer, 1000 Brussels
Registration: +32 70 222 199 // email@example.com
To help you find your way around, we offer 3 different options for visiting the organisations and observing their ways of working: you can discover different performances, residencies, exhibitions, documentation and workshops, always introduced by the various hosts.
- Guided tours: an artist will take you on a tour visiting 4 to 5 organisations (only available on May 17 and 18) > workspacebrussels is part of Parcours 3
- 'Tailor-made' parcours: based on your individual interests and wishes, Open House will design a personal parcours for you; this service is offered at the Info Point every day from 12:00 to 20:00.
- Free visit: check out the program, go ahead and discover! All the organisations will welcome you during the 3 days between 14:00 and 18:00. > check the program of workspacebrussels
There are 4 parcours, more information to be found on the following link
Workspacebrussels is part of Guided tour 3: Let’s go visit the South of Brussels with Marcos Simões and remind ourselves that the city centre does not have the monopoly on art practice! Marcos will guide you through residencies, visual arts, movies and dance scattered around some of the nicest neighbourhoods in town! You will visit Les Bains:Connective - Komplot - Atelier Jeunes Cinéastes (AJC!) - workspacebrussels
Workspacebrussels unveils the rich creative flurry of several artists who are currently in residency. Les Brigittines, one of the structural partners of workspacebrussels, is the host for our activities during Open House. All the activities of workspacebrussels are taking place at Les Brigittines.
- Sidney Leoni will present the performance Undertone on 17,18 and 19 May at 2pm and 4pm. The show lasts 60 minutes. Reservation is required due to limited capacity.
- Alma Söderberg will give you a short introduction into her working practice during Parcours 3
17.05.2012 - from 10:00 to 13:00 - Slow Art, debate
18.05.2012 - from 10:00 to 13:00 - ‘Continuity in the fragmented’, debate
19.05.2012 - from 10:00 to 13:00 ‘The artist status & First Aid sessions'
More information on the content of the debates to be found on the following link
The debates and info session will take place on the 1st floor of the Vanderborght building, centre of the event and of the Kunstenfestivaldesarts. Registration is required and can be done via the Kunstenfestivaldesarts. Free entrance