- postcards from the furure by c&h
- postcards from the furure by c&h > kvs
- postcards from the furure by c&h > molenbeek
- postcards from the furure by c&h > place flagey
- postcards from the furure by c&h > st-gillis
- postcards from the furure by c&h > north station
- postcards from the furure by c&h > european district
POSTCARDS FROM THE FUTUREPRINT THIS PAGE
From September 2010 until June 2011, Postcards from the Future will bring a new postcard into circulation each month representing a different district of the city of Brussels. Created in collaboration with the inhabitants and users of the place they represent and involving a vast network of local people, spaces and institutions, the photographed scenes of the Postcards from the Future propose a reconsideration of the images one has of one’s city.
Just like any postcards, the Postcards from the Future are linked to the specific place they depict. What makes them special is that each one is associated with a precise point in time located in the future. Rather than being souvenirs, these postcards act primarily as invitations. By accepting the invitation and going to the address on the date and time indicated on a Postcard from the Future, one will be able to verify the prophecy made, thereby not only questioning the determinism, but also the pertinence of the images printed on the paper.
In other words, will that which can be seen on the postcard actually take place? And if that is the case, will the future correspond to our expectations ?
A succession of eight Postcards from the Future will be realized in :
- Molenbeek (Sept. 2010)
- Place Flagey (Oct. 2010)
- St.Gillis (Nov. 2010)
- North Station (Dec. 2010)
- European district (March 2011)
- Anderlecht (April 2011)
- the city centre (May 2011)
- Porte de Namur (June 2011)
The postcards can be obtained free of charge in one of the many distribution points.
Postcards from the Future has been previously realized in Geneva (Point d’Impact Festival, Piano Nobile Gallery, 2007), Leuven (Playground Festival, STUK & M- Museum, 2008) and Metz (Centre Pompidou-Metz, Constellation 2009).
- Concept and realization/ C&H (Heike Langsdorf, Christophe Meierhans, Christoph Ragg)
- Executive production: Kunst/Werk vzw
- Co-production: KVS / workspacebrussels
- with the support of: Vlaamse Gemeenschap, Vlaamse Gemeenschapscomissie, Pascal Dufour – deputy mayor of Dutch affairs (VGC – Ixelles)
In partnership with: Brailleliga, Bx Art, Centre Flagey, de Pianofabriek, Elzenhof, Gemeente Sint Gillis, Kaaitheater, La Bellone, La Maraude, MCCS, Nadine
Postcards distribution points
Argos, Beursschouwburg, Centre Flagey – Billetteries, Cook en Book Woluwé, de Pianofabriek, Elzenhof, Halles de Schaerbeek, HOB, Kaaitheater, Kriekelaar, KVS, La Bellone, Les Bains Connective, Les Tanneurs, MCCS, Micromarché, Recyclart, VUB Cultuurcafé, Wiels
No other productions found
company website: http://postcardsfromthefuture.be