Workspacebrussels is a residency space in Brussels. The organisation supports research, experimentation and creation in the performing arts, with a great love for crossovers between disciplines and artistic languages. By collaborating with Kaaitheater, Les Brigittines, Rosas and Ultima Vez, workspacebrussels is able to welcome around 75 artists into an atelier or studio each year. In addition, a selection of art projects are supported with budget, dramaturgical guidance, management advice, administrative follow-up and/or presentation opportunities. Four times a year, the doors of the studios are opened and the public can take a look behind the scenes of the creation process.
To support the residency programme and the projects, workspacebrussels is looking for an administrative and production assistant (60%). In this role, you will be the practical heart of the house: you love to organise, communicate and roll up your sleeves. Hospitality, trust and accuracy are central to your job. You welcome the artists and make workspacebrussels an artistic home for them, where they are welcomed with care and attention. By guiding and supporting the artists on an administrative level you also take on an empowering role: fair practice (the correct remuneration and support of work) is your guiding principle.
Hospitality & production
- You are the central contact for the artists
- You coordinate the residency planning (studios, accommodation, transport, budget, technical equipment), welcome the artists to the studio and show them around the house and the city
- You make workspacebrussels a warm and welcoming place by taking care of the facilities, the purchases and the weekly lunch
- You make sure that everything runs smoothly during our activities: you consult with the partners and the artists, draw up a script, coordinate the volunteers and the catering, and keep an overview of everything that has to be done
- For our own productions and projects, you work closely with the external production managers and you help monitor the general production
- You strengthen the position of the artists by actively and accurately following up the administration and budgets of the residencies and projects: you draw up collaboration and employment contracts, manage the payroll administration, and arrange per diems and expense notes
- For workspacebrussels' own productions and projects, you work closely with the administrative coordinator and monitor the administrative management
- You are responsible for the payroll administration of the team, the preparation of the accounts and general office assistance
Who are you?
- You have a great love for the arts
- You like to plan, calculate and arrange
- You work independently, proactively and accurately
- Inclusiveness, hospitality, communication and care are important values for you
- You are at home in Brussels and like to keep up to date with the developments in the city
- If you bring your own network into our organisation, you have an advantage
- You work in Dutch and English, a good knowledge of French is an asset
- You have a driving licence B
- You are willing and able to work irregular hours
What do we have to offer?
- an employment contract of indefinite duration
- 60% of a full time job: you will choose your schedule in consultation with us
- a salary based on your knowledge and experience according to the CAO Performing Arts (category B)
- a thirteenth month
- extra-legal conditions: meal vouchers, commuting allowance, mobile phone allowance
- training opportunities through the Social Fund for the Performing Arts
- a small and welcoming team that is happy to provide you with the necessary support and guidance
Workspacebrussels is committed to equal opportunities and values diversity. In our residency programme, we aim for a broad spectrum of artistic languages and perspectives on art. We also promote an inclusive personnel policy within our own organisation. We encourage everyone to apply, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, orientation, religion, disability or nationality.
Something for you?
Send your motivation letter and curriculum vitae to Valérie Wolters, business coordinator of workspacebrussels, by Wednesday 2 June at the latest: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If we see a possible match, we would like to invite you for an interview on 10 or 11 June. This first interview will take place online via Zoom. You will also receive an assignment linked to the job content of this vacancy.
- The candidates who convince us the most after this round will be invited for a second interview on 16 June in Brussels. If a prolongation of the measures does not allow us to meet live, the second interview will also take place online.
- We will treat your application with discretion and will send you an answer in any case.