IGOR SHYSHKO & MOYA MICHAELPRINT THIS PAGE
- 1993-1997 -studied ballet and modern dance at University of Culture in Minsk
- 1997-2000 P.A.R.T.S.(Performing Art Research and Training Studios contemporary dance school in Brussels
- Collaboration with Jonathan Burrows and Thomas Hauert as part of the curricalae of P.A.R.T.S.
- 1998 - worked as a trainee with Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker and Rosas for the creation of Drumming
- 2000 - contributed as a dancer to the creation of Rush, choreography by Akram Khan ( London)
- 2000 september - 2010-member of Rosas,dancing in the revival of Drumming and contributing to the creation of Rain, April me, the Repertory Evening, Bitches Brew /Tacoma Narrows, Kassandra, the revival of Mozart/Concert Arias, Raga for the rainy season / A love Supreme , D'un soir un jour, Bartok , Beethoven , Schoenberg - Repertory Evening , Steve Reich Evening and Zeitung, performing all over the world and in the main dance and theatre festivals
- 2010 "Minute Opportunes" Michel Noiret
- 2010 ‘TOM & BESS O'BEDLAM’ BOZAR MUSIC PRODUCTION by Sibille Wilson , choreography Arco Renz
- 2011 ‘Dust’ creation , choreography Arco Renz
- 2011 "Zeit" creation , choreography Mark Vanrunxt
Born in Johannesburg South Africa where she
Trained in ballet under the direction of Dianne Sparks.
She went on to study to obtain a national diploma in Contemporary and African dance at the Tswhane University in Pretoria between 1994 and 1997. She was then awarded a full three year scholarship to study at P.A.R.T.S the School Of Anne Teresa de Keersmaeker ROSAS.
There she met Akram Khan and after completing her studies moved to London and became founder member of his company. Moya toured various of his works for a period of five years. She was nominated for a best dancer award at the “ITS” festival in 2003.
During her time in London she was commisioned to make her own work and so she created 'Hatch' which premiered at the South Bank in London in 2003. That same year she was awarded the Standard bank Young Artist Award for dance at the National Arts festival in Grahamstown South Africa.
She was then invited back to Belgium by Anne Teresa de Keersmaeker and became a member of the ROSAS dance company where she stayed and still free lances with.
In 2009 Moya was invited to create a duet for two dancers of the Attakallari dance Company for the India Bienniale in Bangalore.
That same year she was also invited to create a work on the graduate students at Arizona State University.
Moya has also been member of “Eastman” and part of the latest creation of Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui "Babel" (Words) 2010.
She also collaborated with with the Jin Xing dance Theatre in Shanghai China and her latest collaboration was with visual artist ‘Chris Ziegler’ where she performed his ‘Corpus Pygmalion in Germany.
Moya lives and works in Brussels Belgium.