- swords and sandals by alix eynaudi > diederik peeters, roch baumert & alix eynaudi
SWORDS & SANDALSPRINT THIS PAGE
For a unique evening, package-deal and one-time event, Roch Baumert, Alix Eynaudi & Diederik Peeters will dress up as Romans, lay down on a bench, and eat and drink as much as they can, while addressing the topics of the day.
Engineering a time machine of a cruel kind, they invite you to pay tribute to both classical antiquity and to the worst, or best, Roman epic films from the sixties.
There will be erotics, red wine and blood. There will be truly classical theatre and the spotlights of an Italian disco night. And of course it will all be in French. Or no in English. And Latin. And maybe some Italianus as well. Come!
- Concept & performance : Rochus Baumertus, Alixa Eynaudia, Diederikus Peetersus
- Production : Margarita Production for TOF vzw
- Coproduction : La Filature, Scène nationale de Mulhouse, Beursschouwburg
- In partnership with : Impulstanz Vienna, La Bellone, workspacebrussels, Kaaitheater
- Photography : Mario Minichmayr and David Tynnauer
- Costumes : Sabine Desbonnets and Alix Eynaudi
Thanks to : Archäologischer Park Carnuntum, Restaurant Flein, Abdul Sharif Baruwa, Soraia Costa, Karen Lambaek Christensen, Michael Minichmayr, Faris Rahoma, Karim Rahoma, Didi Resch, Philippe Riéra, Khaled Sharaf El Din, Michael Zellinger