- bringing home the bacon by kasper vandenberghe & kurt vandendriessche
- kasper vandenberghe & kurt vandendriessche
BRINGIN' HOME THE BACONPRINT THIS PAGE
Theatre – Performance
What am I that I’m not? What really goes on in the shadows of what we think we see and wish to believe? Each individual manifests himself to be accepted within the moving mass of people. The self has degenerated into a signboard, a front, a model of individuality. Recognition and affirmation have become the highest goods and fame the ultimate goal. The self is the medium, and the pivotal question is: how to become a successful medium in the economy of the self?
Kasper Vandenberghe and Kurt Vandendriessche (K&K), performers in Jan Fabre’s Orgy of Tolerance and Prometheus Landscape II now team up for their first creative collaboration: K&K BRINGING HOME THE BACON is a theatre performance, a variety show of subliminal sketches in which deception and perception, seduction and deceit, virtuality and reality are explored in a non-critical, polarised reflection on the deluding and deluded social and artistic self.
Each of the twosome’s performances is an attempt to win the audience’s favour and sympathy. Which of the two will achieve the highest degree of "likeability" with the audience? They will take you on a phantasmagorical and sensational journey of unconscious, sympathetic desires and feelings. To get yourself sold on the stage of a sold out theatre, anything goes. By the end of the day K&K want their efforts to pay off: sell yourself and bring home the bacon.
Concept, creation, performance: Kasper Vandenberghe, Kurt Vandendriessche
Dramaturgy: Bart Capelle
Costumes: Valerie Le Roy
Technique: Thomas Vermaercke
Production: Caravan Production
Co-production: workspacebrussels (Brussel, BE)
Residencies: workspacebrussels in collaboration with Beursschouwburg (Brussel, BE), Kunstencentrum Vooruit (Gent, BE), Kunstencentrum BUDA (Kortrijk, BE), Tala Dance Center (Zagreb, HR), Cultuurcentrum Casino Koksijde (BE), Kunstencentrum De Werf (Brugge, BE), Troubleyn/Laboratorium (Antwerpen, BE)
No other productions found
- 03.05.2012 PLATFORMA.HR, Tala Dance Center, Zagreb (HR) Try-out
- 13-16.12.2012 Working Title Platform#05, workspacebrussels - Beursschouwburg, Brussel (BE) Try-out (exact dates tbc)
- 16-19.01.2013 Kunstencentrum Vooruit, Gent (BE) PREMIÈRE (exact dates tbc)
- 07-09.02.2013 Cultuurcentrum Casino Koksijde (BE) (exact dates tbc)
- 2013 Kunstencentrum De Werf, Brugge (BE) (exact dates tbc)