- cecilia lisa eliceche
- cow's theory by cecilia lisa eliceche
COW'S THEORYPRINT THIS PAGE
First principle: always be literally in touch.
Second principle: the movement is generated from the inside out. simple rules with a complex outcome.
Materializing relationships, constructing buildings, working under social constraints, testing the systems where we are in, making them stronger.
According to Mary Douglas "the body is a microcosms of society always sustaining a set of cultural meaning and a particular social order". I am interested in the body as a conceptual source for my social imagination.If each person is a being-in-the-world each body is it's own world and has it's own geography. I am interested in the inversion of hierarchies and orders within the body and the possibility of creating a dance that is as equal as possible in terms of power and distribution of roles. I am dreaming of a utopia place where things would be better for the majority and not just for the minority. My place to dream it is my dance practice. How to make a dance piece that is political in its premise but it is not about politics? Non-theless I want a dance that will stand for it–self. A movement that will speak not for what I am thinking but from what I am doing.
- Concept and direction: Cecilia Lisa Eliceche
- Creation: Anneleen Keppens, Cecilia Lisa Eliceche, Guiomar Campos Acosta, Maria Da Silva
- Performance: Anneleen Keppens, Cecilia Lisa Eliceche, Guiomar Campos Acosta
- Sound design: Pablo Esbert Lilienfeld
- Video: Stanislav Dobak
- Production: STUK Kunstencentrum
- Coproduction: workspacebrussels
- With the support of: Jardin d’Europe supported by the Culture Program of the European Union
- Thanks to: Martin Piliponski, La Caldera, El Desvande, Joaquim Pujol