- natural mysteries by new forms of life (collective)
- new forms of life: franziska aigner (AT) billy bultheel (BE) samuel forsythe (AUT) daniel jenatsch (AUT) enad marouf (SYR)
NATURAL MYSTERIESPRINT THIS PAGE
New Forms of Life is a collective of young artists who create science fiction performances and environments. Focused on the production of transversal narratives, their approach aims to create poetics of understanding in an excessively media-driven world where economic preoccupation subjugates imagination and psychic well-being.
For Natural Mysteries, New Forms of Life is collaborating with the Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences, exploring the diverse ecologies of ideas, relations and forms-of-life that connect nature, society and the human mind. A museum of natural sciences is a place where culture attempts to give meaning to nature, a paradigm of the scientific representation of the world. In Natural Mysteries, the audience is invited to join a guided tour offering alternative cosmologies and narratives through the simultaneously surreal and rationalised space of an institution where nature is captured, categorized and put on display. The museum exhibits support a narration that blends knowledge with dreams, moves through time and opens up a poetic breach, a space in which to think and live.
New Forms of Life is : Billy Bultheel (BE), Daniel Jenatsch (AUT) , Enad Marouf (SYR), Franziska Aigner (AT), Samuel Forsythe (AUT)
- A performance by: Franziska Aigner, Billy Bultheel, Samuel Forsythe, Daniel Jenatsch, Enad Marouf
- Dramaturgy: Marcus Doverud
- Production assistant: Ilse Ghekiere
Kunstenfestivaldesarts, Koninklijk Belgisch Instituut voor Natuurwetenschappen/Institut royal des Sciences naturelles de Belgique
- Production/administration: Caravan Production (Brussels)
- Co-production: Kunstenfestivaldesarts, workspacebrusses, Mousonturm (Frankfurt)
Vlaamse Gemeenschapscommissie, Crespo Foundation (Frankfurt), Australia Council for The Arts
No other productions found