- recircle by public in private / clément layes
- recircle by public in private / clément layes © jasna vinovrski
- clément layes © gerhard f.ludwig
- allege by public in private / clément layes
RECIRCLE (THINGS THAT SURROUND US)PRINT THIS PAGE
"Recircle" begins with the observation of familiar everyday objects. It's about their meanings and the relationship between things and people: What surrounds us? How do we shape our environment and vice versa? Each object offers a certain range of options, that we fulfill each day automatically - but nevertheless in an extremely rehearsed choreography. We are doing so, while speaking, thinking, expressing thoughts and doing other things at the same time. "Recircle" plays with the clashes and rubs against these two different chains: automatic action and expressed meaning, looking at the disruptions or associations that come up in between us and the things.
- Concept, direction: Clément Layes
- Dramaturgical assistance: Florian Feigl
- Choreographical assistance: Jasna Layes Vinovrski
- Performance/ choreography: Vincent Weber, Felix Marchand, Felix Matthias Ott, Clément Layes
- Light: Rut Waldeyer
- Stage/ object: Marinus Van Eldik
- Music: Johannes Wengel
- Performance/Sound (Research): Tian Rotteveel
- Production Management: Björn Frers - björn & björn
- Production: Public in Private/ Clément Layes.
- Coproduction: Sophiensaele Berlin, workspacebrussels
- Funded by: the Governing Mayor of Berlin - Senat's Chancellery - Cultural Affairs and the Fonds Darstellende Kuenste e.V.
Premiere: November 2012, Sophiensaele Berlin