- SYSTEM FAILURE
SYSTEM FAILUREPRINT THIS PAGE
Four live performance specialists, will present, with the collaboration of a willing audience, a "Vintage-Cyber-Theatre" experience that was until now inconceivable.
Influenced by science fiction topics, this group of "experts" is trying since several months to develop the prototype of an experimental performance program. A revolutionary system, which would have the ability to anticipate the present moment of the performance and satisfy the expectations of the spectator, in real time.
Thanks to a new technology of sensors (placed under the seats of the spectators), the system will inform them of the level of concentration and of the psychic investment of the spectator. The audience will then be transformed into a database immediately processed, analyzed and finally transformed in appropriate stage actions. Manipulation of affects, auditory and visual stimuli, physical empathy, will be generated in order to satisfy all the diverse expectations of the spectator.
This prototype will create frictions between the past, the present and the future, while merging real space and virtual space. And it will be able to anticipate all the dangers that are usually inevitable during a live performance. The risks that this incredible collective experience could generate, are still unknown.
- concept/performance : Leslie Mannès, Louise Baduel
- creation/performance: Louise Baduel, Sébastien Fayard, Sébastien Jacobs, Leslie Mannès
- light design : Vincent Lemaître
- music and sound: Lieven Dousselaere
- construction special effects : Aurélie Perret
- feedback : Manon Santkin, Diederik Peeters
- administration: Jeanne Boute
- production: ASBL HIRSCHKUH
- coproduction: LES BRIGITTINES
- With the support of the Fédération Wallonie Bruxelles, direction générale de la culture, service général des arts de la scène.
- And in collaboration with Workspacebrussels, Budakunstencentrum and Le Grand Studio.