- the greater by maya dalinsky & sonia si ahmed
THE GREATERPRINT THIS PAGE
Performances by Maya Dalinsky and Sonia Si Ahmed based on ongoing investigations into the nature of power.
Power can be a dynamic process that each individual is responsible for maintaining or transforming. So who takes the lead? This work is about exploring a variety of possibilities within the implicit contract between spectator and performer.
Maya Dalinsky and Sonia Si Ahmed are two dancer-choreographers who are interested in observing the omnipresent nature of power and how different dynamics emerge in a sensory, psychological or relational experience. This new creation draws on dance, dramaturgy and performance to highlight and investigate this experience. They work on crafting scenes and installations that roam in that border zone where power dynamics between spectator and performer begin to shift.
- Concept, performance: Maya Dalinsky and Sonia Si Ahmed
- With dramaturgical support from: Nada Gambier
- Production: Rubberduck vzw
- Co-production: Netwerk centrum voor hedendaagse kunst, Bains Connective, workspacebrussels
Previous support from: Summer Studios, Danscentrum Jette
No other productions found