- the thing with a hook by salka ardal rosengren & nicholas hoffman
- salka rosengren & nicholas hoffman
THE THING WITH A HOOKPRINT THIS PAGE
Half Japanese once claimed that the only chords one needs to know on an instrument are the ones that plug it into an amplifier. Here, technique comes second to amplification and expression. By sensitively scanning everyday people the performers seek to amplify what is in front of them. In The Thing with a Hook Nicholas and Salka put one word in front of the other in order to describe a place they see everyday but have never been to.
Who could know why the songbird sings?
Perhaps an un-scratchable itch between the wings?
Anyway, what good do these dirges, these hymnals bring?
Who considers these busy sounds as important things?
Still the earth rumbles and the sky rings.
- Concept and performance: Salka Ardal Rosengren and Nicholas Hoffman.
- Light design: Björn Kuajara.
- In collaboration with workspacebrussels and MDT.
- With the support of The Swedish Arts Grants Committee and the DEPARTS network. DEPARTS is funded by the European Commission, Culture program.
No other productions found