- travail by alma söderberg
- alma söderberg
TRAVAILPRINT THIS PAGE
Words, images, phrases, spaces, colours and texture are some of the many things to be found in the daily newspaper. I read the newspaper with scissors in my hand cutting out things that for known or unknown reasons catch my attention. The word TRAVAIL (work) isolated on the vast whiteness of a heavy grain sheet of paper started working as a theme and soon became the title of the performance.
I practice TRAVAIL from beginning till end over and over until premiering, not choosing in which way the fragments of thought and imagery should de performed but rather trying not to censor any form. As a result of that, music, language and dance become tools to work, work-it and work–the-whole-thing-out. I collaborate closely with Rodrigo Sobarzo de Larrachea (set-design), Igor Dobricic (dramaturgy) and Hendrik Willekens (advice/design).
- Choreography and performance: Alma Söderberg
- Set design: Rodrigo Sobarzo de Larrachea
- Light design: Katinka Marac.
- Dramaturgy: Igor Dobricic
- Advice: Hendrik Willekens
- Poster and flyer design: Hendrik Willekens, Alma Söderberg, Celine Wouters.
- Production: Stephanie Luhn
- Coproduced by: Het Veem Theater, workspacebrussels, MDT/Danstationen/Atalante, Sweden
- Supported by: Kulturrådet, Sweden
WSB Connected artists
No other productions found
- JUN 15-16 > Working Title Festival#4, Kaaistudio’s / workspacebrussels (BE)
- JJUN 21 (try-out), 22 (premiere), 23-24 > Het Veem Theater (NL) 20:30
- NOV 9 - 11 > MDT Stockholm (SE)
- NOV 14 – 16 > Danssationen Malmö (SE)
- NOV 19 – 21 > Atalante Götheborg (SE)