Workspacebrussels vzw respects your privacy and complies with the European General Data Protection regulation that came into force on 24th of May 2016 and applies from 25th of May 2018.
The text below is intended to inform you how workspacebrussels processes the personal data that you provide to us. Whenever you provide your personal data, workspacebrussels will handle it in accordance with the policy set out below, and with the legal requirements on the processing of personal data.
1. How do we collect your data?
Your personal data can be collected via various channels:
- when you subscribe for our newsletter
- when you contact us via e-mail
- when you buy a ticket for one of our events
- when we employ you
- when you work in residency in workspacebrussels
2. What information do we collect?
Usually we collect your surname, first name and email. When we employ you or you have a residency in workspacebrussels we ask for a number of personal details such as your surname, first name, address, place of residence, date of birth, email, telephone number, nationality, ID or passport number, civil state and bank account number.
A photographer is regularly present at events organized by workspacebrussels. These photos can be published on our website, via social media (Facebook, Instagram,...) or in our newsletter. This mainly concerns images of the artists during the performance and atmospheric photos of the audience during events (e.g.: Working Title Festival, Never Walk Alone, showcases,...). It can happen that the audience is recognized on this.
3. What do we use the information for?
We use the information we collect:
- to inform you about the activities of workspacebrussels and the artists we work with
- to employ you
- to book your tickets for one of our events (an entrance ticket is personal, and the information we collect about you is required for, among other things, the delivery of your ticket(s), access control, determination of the correct rate, any service emails (before or after your visit) and to contact you in the event of a programme change or cancellation)
- to notify you via telephone or email in case of unforeseen changes related to residencies, presentations or other events you are involved in
Distribution to third parties: We may provide the information you provide to us to third parties if this is necessary for the execution of the purposes described above.
For example, we use the services of a third party:
- taking care of the internet environment (web hosting)
- taking care of the IT infrastructure (including IT network, ...)
- providing (and distributing) newsletters and invitations
We never pass on personal data to other parties with whom we have not concluded a processor's agreement. We will, of course, make the necessary arrangements with these parties to guarantee the security of your personal data. Furthermore, we will not pass on the data provided by you to third parties, unless required and permitted to do so by law. We may also share personal data with third parties if you give us permission to do so. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing.
4. What choices can you make about how we use your data?
When you subscribe for the newsletter or collaborate, we ask for your consent to collect your personal data. If you wish to withdraw the consent that you have given, you can contact us. You can also unsubscribe from our newsletter or change your data.
5. How do we protect your data?
Workspacebrussels is committed to protecting your personal information. The information we have about you is protected from unauthorised access and improper use. The outside access to our internal network is protected by an SSL-certificate and password.
6. Questions and/or complaints? Do you want to edit or update your details?
Please contact us:
+32 2 502 11 25
7. Changes to our privacy notice